Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Long weekend

When I heard that there's gonna be a long weekend starting August 27, I nearly jumped out of my seat literally. I was so happy to finally have time to unwind and relax after a term that's to be considered the most exhausting and work loaded of all the terms I've had in my college life. But before I enjoy that long weekend, I had to go through finals week, passing requirements and thesis defense first. And I'm happy to say that I survived, well barely at least.

Monday and Tuesday, we still had regular class, but those were the last days. Wednesday was the official start of finals week. I had my finals on Organic Chemistry then. Later that day, me and my thesis mates had to do our executive summary, so I juggled reviewing for Physics and doing my part. After taking the exam on Physics the next day, me and my thesis mates had to prepare for our Thesis defense the following day. Thesis defense went incredibly well though. We survived it! All the hard work and sleepless nights finally paid off :) After that, we had to have a thesis celebration. We went to Glorietta to see Crazy Stupid Love. It was wonderful! :)

Here we are being busy before defense :)


Me and my thesis mates Syd and Nix after defense. Look at the smiles on our faces! Priceless :)


Me and Nix eating at MCDO hahaha :)


Me and my thesis mates at Time Zone after the movie :)

Well after that, Nix drove me home. I got home at around 9:30pm. Then I had to review for Embryology finals the next day and do our synthesis paper for the same subject. Had no sleep. The next day, my sister went home to Bataan earlier than me. After I took the test and finished my requirements, I finally went home to Bataan. Yey! :)

I had to go to church for practice for our Anniversary the next day. Talk about exhausting! But it was well worth it because the 25th Silver anniversary of our church was a definite success! It was held in Crown Royale Hotel in Balanga and the venue was big :) I went there at around 1pm to get perked up. We also had last minute practices and adjustments. The celebration started at 3pm and ended at 7pm. There were minor difficulties and hassles but it went well. We were graced by the presence of Rev. Ligaya Javier, and she was the speaker. Her preaching was awesome and I think God's word was delivered well. We also had Pastor Sonny Carlos and Pastora Sonia. The praise and worship and presentation also went well. The highlight was the finale :)



Faith, Ate Judy, Tin and Me before the program started :)


Praise and Worship


Reverend Ligaya Javier's preaching.


Youth presentation.


Recognition of some of the church's seniors.


Passing-the-candle-on ceremony.


Victory praise and worship :)

Here are some of the pictures after the whole celebration. Vain! :)


Picture with Pastor Sonny :)





Family Portrait :)

All in all, the celebration was epic! :) I'm so blessed to be a part of the JRM Bataan Family. I hope we reach 50 years! :)

After that, Monday, we decided to have a post celebration. Kuya Mel asked us of we wanted to go to Morong at the beach. Though we're tired, we decided to go! To have fun and unwind :) I took this rare chance for a photo op :) We traveled for about 2 hours, but the bonding and the trip was well worth it! I really enjoyed. It was really nice to have fun even for a change, and also to unwind and de-stress! The weather was perfect for me. It wasn't too hot nor too cold, and the waves were awesome :) I had fun though I had body pain after. Hahaha. The pain was worth it :)


The road to the beach :)


Buying buko at Bagac :)


Having fun? :)



This is my friend Faith. Took the chance to take this shot because of the lighting. it was beautiful. And this is the raw shot :)


Took shots of my sister. The beach was beautiful :)


My sister being dragged to the beach :)


Jump shot! :)



Mom and her friends :)



Hanging out on the beach :)


Soaking my feet in the sand. Warm, fuzzy :)


I'm missing someone so bad. I wish you were there with me :(

This was the greatest long weekend ever. What a nice way to unwind and have fun. Back to reality now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment