Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wonder

It's pretty hard to comprehend why certain things happen. They just do. As much as we want to put the reasons behind it on our hands, we cannot. We can never question it. It's up to God. We're just here. Humans, creatures of curiosity and wonder, and that's the only thing we can do -- WONDER


Maybe you're asking why I started off the post like this. Why so serious you say? Well, I'm really wondering why some people who say they love you in the beginning soon drop you like a hot potato. (Disclaimer: I'm not pertaining to all people, but a particular person, sorry if you misunderstood the previous statement). The feeling of that seems to be a cross between anger and sadness at the same time; and also curiosity. Why did he do that?


Maybe it happens to everyone or maybe it's just me. But I tell you the truth, it ain't easy. When he said 'I love you', I was ecstatic, literally jumping off my seat and smiling like an idiot. But then he started to break off the communication, cutting it off little by little, as if he was trying to torture me. I decided to put up with it, because i loved him to, but gave up eventually. (Ever had the feeling of you're-giving-your-best-efforts-but-it's-totally-not-worth-it? Yeah I do.)


It's like your efforts are extremely up there to communicate with him and he always tells you lame excuses like, "I don't have load" or "I seldom have load". Ugh, you said you love me, so why not make the effort to communicate with me? I haven't talked to you in weeks man. Don't you miss me at all? (Sorry for the angry rant).


I was gutted. I always had that sad feeling in the beginning that when I said I love you, he would stop making efforts because he got those words out of me already. 


Well, this really sucks. The best thing I'm doing now is drowning myself with literature. Now into more pleasing things, I got inspired to read more and more books because of this class I'm taking now which is about literature. My professor, I tell you is, legen- wait for it -dary. She is awesome. Hopefully, in the next few months I will be more inspired.


END OF RANT

-----------


Song/Lyrics of the day:
"Philadelphia" 
by Parachute

Like a gunshot from miles away
She's moving in
Like a rainstorm with out the clouds
She falls on you
Like a phone call to worn the truth 
It never rings


It's the truth before the lies
It's the way she doesn't try
It's the wink before the sly
In Philadelphia
In Philadelphia


They met after work one day
She laughed with him
They drove off their separate ways
Then met for drinks
When he got home the silent guilt was deafening


She thought that love was gonna fight
She thought that love was gonna take her home
She thought that love was gonna save her
But love just never showed
She felt that love was always watching
Oh we learned that love was supposed to wait
But sometimes it's the feelings
That are standing in the air

He slips off his worn out suit and tries to rest
She's a million miles away across the bed
She rolls over puts her hand across his chest

No comments:

Post a Comment